Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. My participation in this program comes at no added cost for you, and commissions earned help support my small business. You can learn more here.
The Best Avocado Salsa
This avocado salsa pairs perfectly with fresh grilled salmon and rice, or can be used as a dip for chips.
It is also great for tacos, burritos, or as a topping for a number of other dishes.
Grilled salmon with avocado salsa and cilantro rice
This delicious and simple summer staple is sure to find multiple uses on your table!
The Best Avocado Salsa
What have you paired this recipe with? Please tag me on Instagram in your food pictures, and let me know!
Check out even more great recipes!!!
Be sure to pin this recipe to find it later. Or, share with someone you know would love it!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases. My participation in this program comes at no added cost to you, and helps support my small business. You can learn more here.
This easy, kid friendly recipe is simple to customize. You can even hide veggies in it!
Easy Kid Friendly Breakfast
1. Beat eggs, Seasoning, and milk. If using veggies or meats, add these, too (make sure meat is precooked!)
2. Get your pan hot (medium heat), then grease (we use olive oil in a Misto)
3. Pour eggs in. Cook until solid on one side, flip, then cook opposite side. Remove from pan.
4. Add butter and olive oil (which reduces fat/cholesterol and prevents the butter from browning while preserving the butter taste)
5. Add tortilla wrap, then cheese and any additional items (hot sauce, salsa, etc). Finally, add egg.
6. Fold in half
7. Remove from pan, soak up grease with a paper towel
8. Serve with toppings and sides of your choice!
Love this recipe? Be sure to check out some of my family's other favorite meals (and some great cookbook recommendations) on my recipe page!
!Managing food allergies? Be sure to check out my food allergy resource portal here.
Other posts you may love!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases. My participation in this program comes at no added cost to you, and helps support my small business. Learn more here.
One pot meals are a lifesaver for my busy family. Managing being a working professional, mom, and homemaker keeps me on my toes, and dinner time is one area where efficiency counts. This chili recipe is not only delicious and kid friendly, but healthy and easy!
You may notice cinnamon listed in the ingredients. Look strange to you? I promise, you won't taste it, but you will notice the difference it makes! This tip comes directly from my chef husband... who just happens to have won a local chili contest a few years back.
Here is my family's favorite chili recipe, guaranteed to be a new favorite in your meal rotation!
The Best Turkey and Veggie Chili
Serves 6-8 | Approximate Prep and Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Love this? Check out my other recipes!
Be sure to share with another busy parent who could use some help with easy, healthy, kid friendly meals!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to Amazon products. As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases. My participation in this program helps support this blog and has no added cost or strings attached for you. Click here to learn more.
What kid doesn’t love a dirt cup? And just in time for beach season, here is a perfect take on this classic dessert. Use the ingredients and instructions below, or just get creative and have fun!
What you will need:
Click on images to view product pages. We've not used these items in our own home, but they have great reviews on Amazon and would be great additions to this project.
You may also like the following products for this activity:
Click on images to view product pages. We've not used these items purchased from Amazon in our own home, but they have great reviews on Amazon and would be great additions to this project.
In three easy steps your child can create this adorable and delicious beach themed dessert.
MAKE IT EDUCATIONAL!
Many readers already know baking is educational. Measuring helps teach fractions and fine motor skills. Baking helps teach sequences, following steps, highlights cause and effect, and for older children, gives the opportunity to practice reading skills.
So, to use the sand cup activity as a homeschool activity, simply have your children help with baking!
You can use prompts below as a guide, and tailor them to your child's academic level:
1. Read the instructions. What is the first step?
2. First we pour 'x'. What comes next?
3. We need [1/2 cup] of [sugar]. Let's look at the bottom number (the denominator). How many parts make a whole in this fraction? (Answer = 2).
4. What temperature do we need to set the oven at? What do you think would happen if we set it higher? Lower?
5. Let's use the food dye to make new colors! What color do you think yellow and blue would make? What about red and blue? What would happen if we added more [red/blue/yellow/green] to this?
6. The recipe says to bake for 30 minutes? 30 minutes is how much of an hour? (Answer: 1/2 Hour). What if we baked for 15 minute? How many parts of an hour would that be (Answer: 1/4)? How many parts of 30 minutes is 15 minutes? (Answer 15/30, 1/2, etc.).
Love this? Be sure to share!
May 2020 (Prior to 5/31)
Find more recipes, product recommendations, activities, and more!
View my author page for Westchester County Mom here.
Disclaimer: Content on this website is meant for informational and educational purposes. Nothing found on The Mindfully Scientific Mama constitutes medical or psychological advice. Always consult a profession in the respect field for advice specific to your situation. Read more about this site's terms and conditions here.